Saturday, February 18, 2012

Off all week...Bored to Tears

I had off all week. At first it felt wonderful! I could do whatever I wanted. Then I saw how mundane my life is. I get up, I take care of the animals, I clean the house...when and how did I become a housewife before actually becoming a wife? Sometimes things tend to sneak up on me...
Today was another successful Saturday. David (my glorious boyfriend) and I went on another one of our cultural pursuits. We do this as often as we can. Not because we want to look awesome, but because we are nerds and find mostly everything completely amazing. Today we went to the Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion in Philly. Very cool place, but disappointing to see how little funding they received to keep the place looking amazing. The house belonged to a middle-class family. Essentially, Mr. Maxwell spent very little to make this place look like it was worth 80 million...he did an amazing job. But why no funding? I have a feeling it's the middle class thing, no money left in the family. It's sad, but at least we helped a little bit by paying 6 bucks each and following a tour guide with a lisp. Cultural pursuit successful!

Enjoy the weekend, and you have my permission to hate the week.

~Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment